Saturday 1 August 2015

What Beauty Brands are not Cruelty Free?

Hi PetPals!

It can be really mind boggling trying to find makeup that is cruelty free and not tested on animals. I often find myself going into stores such as Superdrug and Boots and wandering around trying to find products that are cruelty free by looking for these symbols:

It's quite surprising how many products in stores are not cruelty free. I know for a fact Superdrugs own brand products are cruelty free as they always have the bunny logo on the back. I understand that sometimes cruelty free products are a little more expensive especially if you're on a budget however for me personally, I would much rather pay that little bit extra knowing full well that the product I am using hasn't caused an animal to suffer. I'm sure you would all agree too?

The following brands STILL test on Animals and therefore are NOT cruelty free:


There are a few on that list that I'm surprised at such as Avon and Clinique. Avon is a well known brand that is affordable for everyone which means a lot of people are buying it and almost funding the animal testing. Clinique is supposed to be great at looking after your skin yet I feel it defeats it motive if it's testing these products on animals. 

If like me you're still unsure what brands are cruelty free, PETA have an app called 'Bunny Free' which lets you check. You can download it by going on the PETA website. 

I hope this has helped some of you. I will be doing a post on alternative brands so stay tuned for that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment